- Keep the instruction manual.
- Never permit either material tank to get below approximately 1/3 full.
- A common problem is cross-over (one material crossing over into the other material's manifold and/or hose). Damage and cost from cross-over is NOT covered under AST Corporation Warranty. Cross-over can be avoided by carefully following instructions.
- If the gauges display pressures that "peg" the needle, immediately remove power from machine.
- Do not install a disposable mixer nozzle to the dispense manifold until positive air-free flow is achieved from both outlets of the applicator block tip.
- Air can be trapped in hoses during filling of an empty system. To avoid trapping air, arrange the hoses to obtain a continuous gradual upward slope of the hose from the pump outlet to the applicator while the system is pumping at low speed. Point the dispense assembly upward to let the material push the air out.
- Two zerks are provided on each side of the dispense manifold, where the static mixer is attached to the applicator. These are provided so that the operator can remove the mixer and fill the ports of the manifold with a compatible lubricant. This helps prevent problems with material hardening in the manifold, and should be done when the unit is left unused for any period of time.
- The gerotor pumps are lubricated in two places. Both should be lubed daily. When the zerk on the top of the pump is filled, the bleed valve at the bottom of the pump must be opened. Lubrication is complete when fresh lubricant is pushed out from the bleed valve.
- The maximum cord length that can be used is 100 feet using 14 gauge wire.
- This unit must be used with ground fault protection